Wednesday, May 19, 2010

COME TO MY STUDIO...

SAM EPPS:

FILMS


31.05.10

4 – 6PM


Please join me for the screening of a series of raw and unedited films that

document and detail increasingly important factors in my practice: pace,

duration, discomfort and determination.


These previously unseen films were created to record the making of sitespecific

“Line Drawings” in Norwich and Riihimaki, Finland:


The drawings are strenuous, noisy and grubby; they create dust and residue,

disrupt those around me and make my drawing arm and entire body tired.

With the pencil acting as a bridge between myself, and the work that I am

making, the drawn line becomes a mirror of my physical and mental self. It

leaves behind a trace of itself in space and records the time taken to make it.


Sam Epps


Contact:

Web: www.samanthaepps.com

Email: samantha.epps@hotmail.co.uk


Location:

Studio 4a

Muspole Workshops

25 – 27 Muspole Street

Norwich NR3 1DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers